FTMO $10K FREE TRIAL ACCOUNT

FTMO Challenge – Day 1 Journal

I’ve started my $10,000 FTMO Classic Challenge.

Current account status:

Balance: $10,000

Equity: $10,000

Profit target: $500

Maximum daily loss: $500

Maximum loss: $1000

Trading days required: Minimum 2

No trades have been taken yet, so the account is currently at 0% profit/loss.

My focus for this challenge is to protect the account first and let the setups come to me. I’ll be combining my technical analysis with the economic calendar and only taking trades when my setup and risk management align.

Day 1: Preparation > Patience > Execution. 📊

I will document my FTMO journey, including my setups, entries, invalidations, results and lessons learned

A
@asuquokelvin - 10 hours ago

Just got another free trial account it's a 10k free trial account, I will be very careful calculate my losses and profits for the day so I don't breach the account...due to overleveraging leveraging and making more than the expected daily profit

A
@asuquokelvin - 9 hours ago
Quoted - godspowerdan

This is good 😊

I will handle it with care and make sure I pass this one

A
@asuquokelvin - 5 hours ago

DAY 1 Trading Summary — Thursday, 1st October 2026

I took 5 trade positions today across GBPUSD, US100 and EURUSD.

GBPUSD: 3 positions — all losses

US100: 1 position — loss

EURUSD: 1 position — win

Total positions = 5

Result = -$199.64 (-1.99%)

Account Balance = $9,800.36

Win Rate = 20%

Comment:

Today wasn't the result I was looking for. The main damage came from the GBPUSD trades, while the EURUSD position was the only profitable trade. I still remained within the FTMO risk limits, with the maximum daily loss and maximum loss objectives both intact.

Observation:

The biggest thing I'm taking from today is that being wrong on a setup is normal, but allowing multiple losing positions to build up can quickly affect the account. I need to be more selective with my entries and make sure the risk on each setup is appropriate before entering.

Day 1 result: -$199.64 (-1.99%) | 5 trades | 20% win rate | Risk limits maintained.

N
@nsg_usd - 2 hours ago
Quoted - asuquokelvin

Just got another free trial account it's a 10k free trial account, I will be very careful calculate my losses and profits for the day so I don't breach the account...due to overleveraging leveraging and making more than the expected daily profit

Alright.
It's to learn from the lessons of the previous one and correct it in this new one.
There won't be improvement if lessons are not learnt and corrections made. Market will always remain, but the accounts may not survive if the trader is not intentional about protecting his capital.

Disclaimer:

At MyTradingLand.com, we connect you with forex brokers and provide a community for traders. While we offer valuable information and resources, please note that we are not financial advisors and cannot provide personalized financial advice. Always conduct your own research and invest responsibly.

Community Guidelines: The MyTradingLand.com community is designed as a resource for forex traders, promoting respectful and constructive discussions. We reserve the right to remove any content that is misleading, abusive, or violates our terms of service.

Broker Information: While we may receive commissions or advertising income from some of the brokers listed, this does not imply an endorsement of any broker, nor does it affect our review process. Our evaluations are based solely on objective criteria and user feedback.

Always verify the regulatory status of any broker with your local financial authority, along with their terms and privacy policies, before engaging with them. It is crucial to conduct thorough research to ensure that you are making informed decisions.

Risk Warning: At MyTradingLand.com, we strive to provide accurate information; however, the forex market is highly volatile and can change rapidly. It is essential to verify any information before making investment decisions.

Please be aware that trading in forex involves substantial risk, and it is possible to lose more than your trading equity/investment capital. 70-90% of retail CFD traders incur losses in their trading activities as per information from various brokers.

You are solely responsible for your use of MyTradingLand.com and any trading decisions you make. We encourage all users to educate themselves thoroughly about forex trading and to consider seeking advice from qualified financial professionals.

Advertising Disclosure: We may earn commissions from recommended brokers, but our reviews are independent (not influenced by potential earnings). Sponsored content is clearly marked and doesn't reflect our views.

©2026 ©2025 All rights reserved Mytradingland.com