Trading is a marathon, not a sprint.

Trading is a marathon, not a sprint. I learned that the hard way. 🏃‍♂️📉📈

I want to tell you about the worst month of my trading life.

I'd just had three green weeks in a row. I felt unstoppable. I was sure I'd cracked the code.

So I did what every overconfident trader does.

I doubled my position size.

Then I doubled it again.

One bad trade turned into two.

Two turned into revenge trades.

By the end of the month, I'd wiped out almost half my account.

Months of progress. Gone in days. 💸

I sat in front of my screen that night feeling sick. Not just because of the money, but because I knew exactly what I'd done wrong. I hadn't been unlucky. I'd been impatient.

I was sprinting in a race that rewards endurance.

Here's what that loss taught me:

1. Survival comes first.

I used to think trading was about making money. Now I know it's about not losing so much that you can't keep playing. These days, I never risk more on a single trade than I can afford to lose and still sleep at night. No trade is worth knocking me out of the race.

2. Losses are part of the course.

I still lose trades. Plenty of them. The difference is that I expect them now. A loss isn't a personal insult from the market. It's the cost of doing business. What matters is that my wins, over time, outweigh them.

3. Revenge trading is a trap.

After a loss, my brain screams "win it back NOW." That voice cost me more than any bad setup ever did. Now, after a big loss, I step away. I walk. I close the charts. The market will still be there tomorrow.

4. Boring is beautiful.

My best months now feel almost dull. Same strategy. Same rules. Same small edge, repeated again and again. No adrenaline. Just steady progress. And honestly? I'll take boring and profitable over exciting and broke every single time.

5. My journal is my coach.

Every trade goes into my journal: why I entered, why I exited, how I felt. Reading back through my old entries is humbling. The patterns are obvious. Most of my worst trades happened when I was bored, emotional, or trying to prove something.

6. The real battle is in my head.

Charts are the easy part. Discipline is the hard part. Sticking to my plan when I'm in a drawdown, or when I see someone online bragging about a 500% gain, takes more strength than any technical analysis.

I'm still in the race. Slower than I once dreamed, but steadier than I've ever been.

If you're just starting out, or you've just taken a painful hit, hear me: you don't have to win fast. You just have to keep going, protect your capital, and learn from every mile.

The finish line rewards those who reach it. 🏁

👇 What's the hardest trading lesson you've ever learned? Drop it in the comments.

E
@emma_durban - 4 hours ago

It took me two years to realize the market wasn't out to get me, I was out to get myself. 🙏 Thanks for being honest about it.

Disclaimer:

At MyTradingLand.com, we connect you with forex brokers and provide a community for traders. While we offer valuable information and resources, please note that we are not financial advisors and cannot provide personalized financial advice. Always conduct your own research and invest responsibly.

Community Guidelines: The MyTradingLand.com community is designed as a resource for forex traders, promoting respectful and constructive discussions. We reserve the right to remove any content that is misleading, abusive, or violates our terms of service.

Broker Information: While we may receive commissions or advertising income from some of the brokers listed, this does not imply an endorsement of any broker, nor does it affect our review process. Our evaluations are based solely on objective criteria and user feedback.

Always verify the regulatory status of any broker with your local financial authority, along with their terms and privacy policies, before engaging with them. It is crucial to conduct thorough research to ensure that you are making informed decisions.

Risk Warning: At MyTradingLand.com, we strive to provide accurate information; however, the forex market is highly volatile and can change rapidly. It is essential to verify any information before making investment decisions.

Please be aware that trading in forex involves substantial risk, and it is possible to lose more than your trading equity/investment capital. 70-90% of retail CFD traders incur losses in their trading activities as per information from various brokers.

You are solely responsible for your use of MyTradingLand.com and any trading decisions you make. We encourage all users to educate themselves thoroughly about forex trading and to consider seeking advice from qualified financial professionals.

Advertising Disclosure: We may earn commissions from recommended brokers, but our reviews are independent (not influenced by potential earnings). Sponsored content is clearly marked and doesn't reflect our views.

©2026 ©2025 All rights reserved Mytradingland.com