FTMO $10K FREE TRIAL ACCOUNT

A
@asuquokelvin - 13 hours ago

I just lost the account on Eurusd and gold trade again today

A
@asuquokelvin - 13 hours ago

📊 Free Trial Account — Final Day Summary

Today was a difficult trading day, and unfortunately, I blew the account.

The account finished at $9,453.83, with the maximum daily loss rule breached at -$504.79 (-5.04%). The overall maximum loss limit was still within range at -5.66%, but the daily loss violation ended the challenge.

Final statistics:

Starting balance: $10,000

Final balance: $9,453.83

Total loss: -$546.17

Total trades: 27

Win rate: 25.93%

Average profit: +$69.98

Average loss: -$51.80

Average R:R: 1.35

Expectancy: -$20.23

Profit factor: 0.47

Sharpe ratio: -0.63

Trading days: 3

📝 Reflection

The biggest lesson from this trial is that having a positive R:R alone is not enough. My low win rate and negative expectancy meant the strategy was losing over the sample, while taking too many trades increased the pressure on the account.

I take full responsibility for the result. The next attempt has to be built around discipline, selectivity, controlled risk and protecting the daily loss limit—not trying to recover losses quickly.

Account blown. Lesson learned. Back to the drawing board.

A
@asuquokelvin - 13 hours ago
Quoted - godspowerdan

We go again

I have accepted the loss, I will seriously have to cut down on my daily open trades

G
@godspowerdan - 13 hours ago
Quoted - asuquokelvin

I have accepted the loss, I will seriously have to cut down on my daily open trades

Yes that will help. I usually risk 10% of my overall drawdown for 1 trade so that way I don't have any issue with breaching daily limit

A
@asuquokelvin - 12 hours ago
Quoted - godspowerdan

Yes that will help. I usually risk 10% of my overall drawdown for 1 trade so that way I don't have any issue with breaching daily limit

That was my mistake , going forward I will calculate my risk before entering any trade and I will always take it one at a time

Y
@yokoyi - 11 hours ago
Quoted - asuquokelvin

That was my mistake , going forward I will calculate my risk before entering any trade and I will always take it one at a time

Tryin to recover losses is a big temptation, it causes you to trade a bigger lot size than the circumstances allow, it makes one to completely ignore the rules and just swing for the fences. I don't think you took too many trades (from what I see). I wish your screenshot had shown us the lot size you traded because after a loss its advisable to reduce lot size especially if you are not sure what caused the loss

A
@asuquokelvin - 10 hours ago

New account

Same trading Rules

Better risk management.

Starting Balance: $10,000

Profit Target: +$500

Maximum Daily Loss: -$500

Maximum Loss: -$1000

Now the focus isn't on passing as quickly as possible.

The focus is on Good risk management, executing my edge consistently, allowing price play out

A
@asuquokelvin - 3 hours ago

📊 FTMO Free Trial — Summary

Date: 6 October 2026

Account: $10,000 Free Trial — 2-Step

Instrument: XAUUSD

Total Trades: 9

Performance

Starting Balance: $10,000.00

Current Balance: $10,098.80

Net Profit: +$98.80

Return: +0.99%

Win Rate: 77.78%

Winning Trades: 7

Losing Trades: 2

Average Profit: $20.52

Average Loss: -$22.43

Profit Factor: 3.20

Average RRR: 0.92

Expectancy: +$10.98

📝 Summary

Today’s session was focused entirely on XAUUSD, with 9 trades executed. The account finished the day +$98.80 in profit, bringing the balance to $10,098.80.

The session recorded a strong 77.78% win rate and a 3.20 profit factor, showing that the winning trades more than compensated for the losses. Despite having an average loss slightly larger than the average win, disciplined trade management and a high winning percentage kept the overall session profitable.

Overall: A positive and controlled trading session, with the account closing the day in profit and maintaining a strong performance profile.

Disclaimer:

At MyTradingLand.com, we connect you with forex brokers and provide a community for traders. While we offer valuable information and resources, please note that we are not financial advisors and cannot provide personalized financial advice. Always conduct your own research and invest responsibly.

Community Guidelines: The MyTradingLand.com community is designed as a resource for forex traders, promoting respectful and constructive discussions. We reserve the right to remove any content that is misleading, abusive, or violates our terms of service.

Broker Information: While we may receive commissions or advertising income from some of the brokers listed, this does not imply an endorsement of any broker, nor does it affect our review process. Our evaluations are based solely on objective criteria and user feedback.

Always verify the regulatory status of any broker with your local financial authority, along with their terms and privacy policies, before engaging with them. It is crucial to conduct thorough research to ensure that you are making informed decisions.

Risk Warning: At MyTradingLand.com, we strive to provide accurate information; however, the forex market is highly volatile and can change rapidly. It is essential to verify any information before making investment decisions.

Please be aware that trading in forex involves substantial risk, and it is possible to lose more than your trading equity/investment capital. 70-90% of retail CFD traders incur losses in their trading activities as per information from various brokers.

You are solely responsible for your use of MyTradingLand.com and any trading decisions you make. We encourage all users to educate themselves thoroughly about forex trading and to consider seeking advice from qualified financial professionals.

Advertising Disclosure: We may earn commissions from recommended brokers, but our reviews are independent (not influenced by potential earnings). Sponsored content is clearly marked and doesn't reflect our views.

©2026 ©2025 All rights reserved Mytradingland.com